28.6.13

A New Beginning. More Awesome than the Last Beginning.

One project I regret leaving is my film blog. While wholly imperfect and amateur, it was a wonderful part of my life for the short time it existed. I've spent much time recently considering my film love. I honestly don't believe I have ever been as passionate about anything else. I pinpointed an exact moment when a love became an obsession. February 2007 I sat in a local Cinemark theater and watched a film so powerful it turned a love into an obsession, Guillermo del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth. From there I discovered the artistry of film and I haven't forgotten the moment when Javier Navarrete's score flourishes over an image of a dragonfly becoming a fairy. That is my relationship with film, and I'm amazed everytime.

So, in honor of Pacific Rim, Guillermo del Toro's first original film since Pan's Labyrinth, I will kickstart my blog (with optimistic permanence).  Pacific Rim releases on July 12th (a date that places me 2 days into a Grand Canyon road trip), I will be posting a Monster/Robot Movie A Day with a review and a bit of commentary.

Follow my blog! I promise it will change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment